Blood pressure is the pressure that is exerted on the arteries during the circulation of blood through the body. Fluctuation in this pressure takes place continually in our bodies. These sudden changes in blood may not have any meaning or they can also be the sign of ill health.
It is important for individuals who are suffering from pressure problems to keep a constant tab on their systolic and diastolic pressure readings. They can do so by using the automatic blood monitors that are now available in the market. These monitors are available in variants like digital blood monitors which are easy to use.
In most cases the reason for fluctuations
• Activity – The day to day activity of a person can play a vital role in the fluctuations caused in an individual’s pressure. Work and exercise or any form of physical labor can increase pressure dramatically even though for a temporary period. In most cases, appropriate rest is enough to bring it back to normal.
• Genetic – These risks are the ones that cannot be controlled by an individual. Genetic risks can be cause of age, gender or family history. For an example, it has been noted that, adult men are more prone to high blood as compared to the opposite sex.
• Drugs – Certain drugs and narcotics whether prescribed or non-prescribed, may have a possible effect on blood pressure. If a medicine results in fluctuations in pressure, it is advised to continue that medicine only after consulting your physician over it.
• Unhealthy Diet – People who tend to eat fast food or food that contains high amounts of saturated fats or who are habituated to a diet with high amounts of salt can experience pressure problems.
• Addiction – Consumption of high amounts of alcohol or excessive smoking is one of the most common reasons for causing pressure problems. Smokers or alcoholics have higher chances of high or low blood pressure.
These are just a few possible causes of pressure fluctuation. Pressure may be caused for many reasons but can be treated easily with proper treatment by a physician.